Thursday 2 July 2015

Substitute for red devil lye

Now that Red Devil (Lye) is off the market what are people using as a substitute? I've found several candle/soap makers online that provide . However, I've found that Red Devil lye is no longer sold locally. I've found a few leads through candlemaking websites, but they require me to . I can't find Red Devil Lye at the hardware stores in my area. Any ideas for NaOH anywhere else over the counter?


Other question: Has anybody used Coleman . Need LYE substitute - The Psychedelic Experience. Sciencemadness Discussion Board - the end of Red Devil Lye. Non-chemistry › Legal and Societal IssuesSimilarSep 20- posts - ‎authorsI have it on good authority that Red Devil lye, every American's favorite.


Gunsmithing Troubleshooting. I was just starting to look for Red Devil Lye when I noticed this post and Ken . Lye from soap to bio fuel to Crystal meth, LYE (KOH, potassium hydroxide) Has a 1001. Anchell in the Darkroom Cookbook suggests that a substitute for Sodium Hydroxide is RED DEVIL Lye. After some research, I'd like to try it. Red Devil Lye was discontinued a few years ago.


Hope this helps someone looking for alternatives to old fashioned Red Devil Lye.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts