Monday 23 November 2015

How to attach wood to concrete block

What is the best way to attach pressure treated 2x4s to concrete blocks? I tried using long 1/tapcon screws. Using Tapcon Concrete Screws To Secure Wood To Cinderblock. Az_xO0LwA - Uploaded by Helpful DIYThis is a video of me using Tapcon concrete screws. I wanted to secure two pieces of wood to the cinderblock.


Fasteners used for fastening items to cinder block or to CMU come in many different types and configurations. The particular fastener used for an application . Cinder block is a difficult medium to attach anything significant to; its porous, baked-hard surface that tends to break away when drilled. Fastening to concrete looks difficult, but with the proper tools and techniques, it's a snap. One of my first questions was how to attach wood to concrete block walls.


With out this I had no way to begin framing. Here I'll share the options I discovered. Attaching wood to CMU (concrete masonry unit) is possible using several procedures. Determine how much stress the fastener needs to resist for the connection .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts