Wednesday 24 September 2014

How to make wooden casement window frames

What kind of wood did you use for your window. Making traditional jointed window frames, mostly using hand tools, and a haunched mortise and tenon joint. I had to remake the first casement I made because the surface I used to glue it together on was not quite flat.


This resulted in the frame being a . Now that the casement windows are pretty much built, it's time to build the frame out of 69mm by 94mm Redwood par. I bought four metre lengths. I have to make six windows for my house. The timber is all Dougie Fir (over cubic metres of it) plus oak for the cills.


Different to the Sliding Sash with its hollow box construction, the casement window is made up of a solid timber rebated frame. The joints are mortice and tenon . A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots. You will find a basic drawing for casement window here . I believe they are made of red woo very straight and tight graine looked.


Topic tags/keywords: window casement window casement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Popular Posts